Unfortunately, bugs are a year-round nuisance. When the cool, fall temperatures turn cold, certain pests seek warmth, shelter, or food indoors – like ladybugs, box elders, stink bugs, caterpillars, moths, flies, crickets, rodents, and other wildlife like squirrels and raccoons.
Before the winter weather arrives, here are 6 things you can do to prevent pests:
1. Seal or caulk all cracks and crevices around foundation, siding, doors, windows, electrical, and plumbing.
2. Use tight fitting insect screens on foundations and attic vents.
3. Keep gutters cleaned out. Pests feed and make homes out of the built up debris.
4. Keep a clean home. Vacuum, sweep, mop, and clean up spills that will attract pests to your home.
5. Clean up yard by raking, keeping grass cut, and picking up debris in the yard.